Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cracks


Today was one of those days that shows its cracks. I came home, longing for rest, to find the toilet in the shower, a hole in the shower floor, and two very kind, but very unplanned plumbers smiling and waving at me. We've got a working toilet again, and should have a shower by tomorrow evening, there are warm sugar cookies fresh out of the oven, cereal for dinner, and an early bedtime. Thinking of those in Haiti, I feel silly complaining about moldy broccoli and forgotten folders. So for tonight, although I know they are there, I'll take a break from the cracks and spend some time on the rest of it - starting with a cookie.

1 comment:

Brandi and Chelle's mom said...

I was driving to work listening to NPR talking about the disaster and all I could think was... I want to be there. I want to be one of those helping!