Monday, October 11, 2010

Believed to be Beautiful: Doodle


So, today's bit of beauty is not technically from home, though I spend enough time at work that one might consider it a kind of "home" and as such, the same rules would apply, yes?

This doodle and note was scribbled out by a very sweet friend in the office, and though its sentiment is forthright and seemingly obvious, what makes it so beautiful to me comes down to one word: boring.

I believe, among the compliments a life might gather, that being one who makes a space less boring is among one of the very best possible traits to have recognized by friends and co-workers. I like a good story now and the, a little chuckle amidst the gloom, and I like even more when that's recognized by someone else I respect and enjoy. The little sun is beautiful, both in it's doodly lines, and its reminder of the silly it was created to remember.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

From what I remember of that work space (if you're still in the same office) - a little bit of silliness is always needed/appreciated. I love doodles.